Monday, July 06, 2009

Star Wars - Boba Fett's Slave-1

Star Wars - Boba Fett - Slave 1 (Modified Firespray Patrol Attack Ship)

This is Boba Fett's heavily modified Firespray patrol and attack ship Slave 1. It is scared with battle damage and every mark tells a different story of a thrilling escape or spectacular shoot out deep in space. I enjoyed this model because it is so different to anything else I have ever made. Most star ships resemble aircraft in some shape of form but Slave 1 breaks all the rules. The cockpit moves depending if the ship is in space upright or lying on it's back in a docking bay.


The two 'wings' move on my model but I glued the cockpit in the space configuration. The cargo hold can also be left open to show a tiny Hans Solo encased in Carbonate, but I sealed the door shut. I used a micro-drill to make some small holes in the hull to simulate Blaster damage, the holes do look really good close up. I spent quite some time on the paint job but it is not completely accurate. The movie slave 1 has a different corrosion pattern, mine is blurred, theirs is sharper as though the paint has flaked off, but I still like my paint scheme.




1 comment:

  1. trying to make a from scratch slave 1. some guy said they had great material here http://www.iplasticsupply.com/
    hope i can finish it.

    ReplyDelete