Thursday, March 19, 2009

Star Trek - Klingon Bird Of Prey





This is my very small Klingon Bird of Prey model. It only measures 85mm by 120mm but it is very detailed. I spent considerable time painting this model and I experimented with new techniques to achieve the desired result. As you can see from the picture above, the ship looks very good close up thanks to the extra attention to detail.

I employed a dry brushing technique for the first time. After applying a base coat, I used a cocktail stick to dab a small spot of paint and then work it in with a dry brush. It took quite a while to do the whole model but it all seemed worth while.


For the picture at the top of the page I used Adobe PhotoShop to cut out the picture of the ship and then dropped a picture of a moon behind it. I added some lens effects and adjusted the colour and contrast for a little more realism. I think it almost looks like a still from one of the movies, now all I need to is create the other 20,000 frames and I will have my own movie !





No comments:

Post a Comment